Finishing Technology Services Division achieves 9100C certification
As part of its ongoing continuous quality improvement program, Finishing Technology is proud to have recently earned the AS 9100C Aerospace Quality Standard Certification. This certification is the gold standard in the aviation, space and defense industry and has been adopted worldwide as the pre-eminent quality management system for aviation manufacturing.
Among the most safety-conscious in the world, the aerospace industry has long-recognized the crucial role quality and on-time delivery plays in the performance of aviation, space and defense products. Public demand for safety and reliability drives the need for product quality to approach near perfection with consumer and customer confidence directly linked to perceptions about the quality of equipment and services manufacturers in this industry offer.
- The industry-wide AS9100 standard was established in 1999 and is the standard to which thousands of suppliers in the aerospace industry are held. Companies achieving this rigorous certification report:
- Improved quality and on-time delivery
- More efficient labor utilization
- Increased customer satisfaction in supplier-customer relationships
- Alignment with the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) strategy of having 90% of the supply chain certified.
There are many benefits of certification to the AS9100C standard:
- Qualification to be considered as an aerospace supplier
- Consistent product quality
- Public recognition
- Internal validation
- Independent feedback to foster continual improvement
“This certification demonstrates the presence of an aerospace quality system that is both consistent and robust,” says Fred Warmbier, President of Finishing Technology. “These qualities are essential to ensure product, process and service safety, reliability and quality for all our customers.”